Saturday, May 9, 2015

The last of the rosettes for Birds in the Loft

Yahoo - the rosettes are all stitched together now so today it is a parade of the last of them! None are "spectacular" but there is so much going on in the middle and the border of my Birds in the Loft hexagon quilt that the rosettes don't have to be superstars!








These last rosettes will be used to fill in the spaces in the quilt top, most of which is now stitched together. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get these last rosettes added and then it I'll complete the borders before adding them to the sections of the quilt top!

One of the blogs I follow is Karen's Quilts, Crows and Cardinals. She has some really great tutorials on applique and machine quilting (not to mention some really lovely patterns). She was recently nominated for Best Overall Quilting Blog in the National Quilters' Circle Bloggers Awards. I encourage you to visit Karen's lovely blog and if you like what you see you can vote for her blog here.

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

2 comments:

  1. Your Rosettes may not been 'spectaclar' , they are beautiful. I like the fabrics, the colors, the combinations. Have a nice weekend. Groetjes, Dientje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a very important blog missing from those nominations - yours! That's who I wanted to vote for. Anyway it's always a treat to see your rosettes with your fabric and colour choices.

    ReplyDelete