Friday, November 15, 2013

Useful Patchwork Gifts, A Few of My Favourite Things and Love Entwined

I located the book that has the pattern for the quilt I call A Few of My Favourite Things. The book is Useful Patchwork Gifts and the name of the quilt in the book is My Room (Girl's Room).


The book was written by Chuck Nohara and it was published in 1993. There are a few quilts featured in the book.  I liked this scrap quilt which is described as a tablecloth with matching cushions!
 

I actually made this quilt as a baby gift for my friend's first child.

 
The quilt is consists of blocks that alternate large appliquéd numbers alternated with weird birds. Perhaps one day she will loan me the quilt so that I can take some pictures!


For those of you who love zakka style there are a some lovely little items that would delight you! Isn't this teapot cover cute?


I love hexagons so this basket is very tempting!


And now for the next four blocks in A Few of My Favourite Things! I have yet to photograph the entire quilt so fingers crossed that the weather cooperates so that I can get out and take a few pictures.





Progress continues on my LE quilt. The zigzag border is almost complete. I just have to make the corner units and then it will be ready to be stitched down. This panel measures 31.5". The zigzags are English paper pieced. My plan at this point is to pin the border down with tiny appliqué pins. I'll then stitch down the outside edge all the way around. Then I'll stitch down the inside edge however before doing so I will remove the basting thread and the papers.


For those of you who aren't familiar with Love Entwined it is a quilt pattern that has been drafted by Esther Aliu. The original was made in 1790! Esther is providing her pattern free of charge. The first section was released in June 2013 and each month another section of the pattern is released. Esther has set up a Yahoo group that you can join if you are interested in making this quilt. You can read about it here.

There'll be no post tomorrow because I am taking a half square triangle workshop with Jeanne Simpson. I've made zillions of half square triangles over the years but find that I always learn something new so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. And it is always fund to spend time with other quilters! So until I post again, happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just discovered your blog and have been lost in it for hours past my bedtime! Love your Lazy Punk quilt - might have to try one of those after I get done my Christmas sewing.

    ReplyDelete