Thursday, November 28, 2013

Show and Tell and Oak Leaves and Plumes in Love Entwined

Quilting Gallery's Show and Tell theme this week is stars. If you've never submitted a quilt I encourage you to do so. You will find the instructions on how to do it here. Now tell me who doesn't have a star quilt? I have oodles of them so the question was which one should I submit? I decided on A Pound of Stars!

A Pound of Stars

It was made very early in my quilting life. I was living in a small town with no access to fabric shops. I bought a pound of scraps by mail order from the US. I combined them with cotton sheeting to make this quilt. The quilt was English paper pieced because it was the only way I could figure out how to cut and piece this quilt!


Work continues on Love Entwined! I've completed one of the oak leaf and plume arrangements and the second one is getting there!


I think the little orange circles inside the oak leaves are the perfect touch and now they don't look so naked. I might just make more orange circles and save them because I'm sure I'll find other spots where I can use them to embellish the quilt!


It's a short post today. Until I post again, happy sewing!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Tammy. I like the little circles because they are so fast to stitch down but they add a nice little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LE is progressing nicely. I have entered my most recent "star" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, Stars over Adelaide is beautiful. I hope lots of people vote for it, especially those like me who love hexagons!

      Delete
  3. I love that little quilt, it has an innocence somehow, do you know what I mean? For me, that's my favourite kind of quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Lia! It is nice to be challenged and LE is a challenge!

      Delete