Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A few more of my favourite things including a surprise!

I'm still working away on the parallelograms for the zigzag border on my Love Entwined quilt. Learning from mistakes is not fun - I hope this lesson sticks because I would not want to repeat it! Anyhow, I am making progress so hopefully I'll be able to stitch down the border and then get on to the next bit of applique!


As a follow up to yesterday's post I am sharing another four red work embroideries from my quilt A Few of My Favourite Things.


This quilt was hand quilted. When I look at my quilts that were worked by hand I am tempted to hand quilt another but I'm not sure that my poor fingers have it in them! And more importantly with all the reverse sewing I seem to be doing, where would I find the time?


The bow ties were hand pieced but I feel no overwhelming urge to hand piece anything other than hexagons! I do love my hexagons!


I love the old timey feeling of the embroideries in this quilt. And the good news is I found the book so I'll take a picture and share it with you in an upcoming post.


And now for the surprise! I've registered for Quilting Gallery's Blog Hop party with give-aways. I have a lovely give away lined up but I can't tell you what it is so you'll want to check back on a regular basis during the period November 21 to November 26 to find out and enter!

Right, time for a cuppa and a little more reverse sewing! So until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment