Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Embroidery and applique

I am spending my days with my Mom helping her out and caring for her. I don't when she will be able to sew again but it is looking like it will be a very long time before the bone heals. I've decided to enter her quilt of embroideries that she made for me in Quilting Gallery's Show and Tell that starts on Friday. I'll post a picture of the quilt tomorrow or Friday. For now I'll show you a few more close-ups. These blocks are roughly 3" x 4".





When I am with my Mom I don't have access to a computer or my sewing machine so I've been doing some hand sewing. And this is what I've been working on. Everything is basted and the applique is in progress.






These basket blocks are the corner units in a quilt border. The quilt will be loaded with hexagons and stars. I can't wait to get the quilt top put together but it will be some time yet I think!

Until I post again, happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. poor Mum she must be feeling very frustrated- I know I would be if I couldn't sew.
    I'm sure her recovery will be more interesting and pleasant having you there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to your mum! She definitely will have my vote at the Quilting Gallery :) And your applique is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you can stay with and care for her. Poor Anne, she must be so eager to sew and feel so frustrated.
    You take care of yourself too, it's important

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea to enter your Mum's embroideries in the Quilting Gallery's Show and Tell - it will certainly get my vote! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Best wishes to your Mum for a full recovery x

    ReplyDelete