Friday, May 3, 2013

Nostalgia Quilt and New Quilting Gallery Show and Tell

It is a short post today because I want to work on Alex’s quilt that I wrote about yesterday. I've run into big problems (the backing is not smooth) so I've going to have to take out all of the quilting I've done. ARGGGHHH! I hate reverse sewing!  I think I'll take a break and instead work on writing up the instructions for making Baskets and Nine Patches!
 
Close-up of Flora and Fauna
 
The Quilting Gallery’s Show and Tell theme this weekend is applique. I entered Flora and Fauna, Parts of the Garden. I posted close-ups of the quilt under the tab Flora and Fauna, Parts of the Garden at the top of this page. There are so many of beautiful applique quilts entered in the Show and Tell. Voting is open until Monday at 6:00pm EDT. This time are three votes per URL. To see all of the quilts and vote for your favourite here!

Today I’ve got a few more pictures of my Mom’s Nostalgia quilt. This weekend I’ll post her story about this quilt, a few more close-up picutres and the quilt.
 





 

 
Until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment